iOS 4.0 Jailbreaking and Unlocking iPhone 3GS on iOS4

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by chiaotzu, Sep 14, 2010.

1. chiaotzu

chiaotzu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello guys,

I just got an iPhone 3GS on iPhone OS 3.1.3 with blackra1n jailbreak and ultrasnow unlock already applied. I would like to ask if I can install iOS4 with proper jailbreakme.com jailbreak and ultrasnow unlock.

Here are the details about my iPhone. I'm from India and not sure about the original location of the iPhone as I got it from my friend who got from another.

Carrier: Version 5.0
    Model: MC132B
    Modem Firmware: 05.11.07

The basic procedure I know about jailbreaking and unlocking is as below.

1. Install iOS4 on iPhone 3GS from iTunes using recovery or any possible mode.
    2. Hopefully it will start without asking SimCard.
    3. I'll jailbreak it using jailbreakme.com
    4. I'll add ultrasnow repo and install Ultrasnow.
    5. I'll reboot and dang.

Please Register or Log in to view images

But I'm not sure if above procedure is correct or not, kindly correct me and give me confirmation.

Thanks in advance, waiting for the reply.

2. chucklz_smiley

chucklz_smiley Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    If the iphone hasnt previously been on 4.0 then your outta luck as apple have stopped signing the firmwares jailbreakme works on. Your gonna have to wait for the new exploit thats in development for 4.1 to be released

Sorry to make it more clear, you dont have any shsh's backed up for 4.0 so you cant update to a jailbreakable version of 4.x which means you cant jailbreak or unlock until the new sHAtter exploit is released.
  3. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I think there is a different unlock for jailbreakme. Look back through all the front page stuff it was on there. Not sure if the restore will require a sim (anyone know?) as I have a touch but if it does your stuck untill you get the right sim.
  4. chiaotzu

chiaotzu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the replies. I still got some more questions. Is it related with the SHSH blobs that we were supposed to save? And this device has the SHSH blobs for iOS 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2 and 4.1 on cydia. What does that mean? Is there any other workaround for installing iOS 4.0.1?

EDIT: LOL, I'm installing iOS 4.0.1 right now. Would appreciate answers of other questions. xD

EDIT 2: PHAIL, bypassing apple activation servers and installing iOS4 didn't do much of good. I'm stuck at activation screen and it won't let me access home screen. aargh... Why can't they just allow me to access atleast safari so that I can quickly jailbreak using star.

5. austinmartin

austinmartin New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Do you mean that you changed the hosts file, and installed 4.0.1, and now you are stuck? If that is the case, just switch back the hosts file(get rid of the extra addresses) open itunes again, and attach the ipod. You can then access apple's servers.
  6. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Your method won't work for a couple of reasons.
    You need SHSH blobs for 4.0

If you do and restore to 4.0 it will ask for the proper sim

Since you don't have one. You are pretty much screwed since all you will be able to do once updated is slide for emergency.

Edit: Upod reading your post furthermore you are screwed. The only way you can bypass this screen is by getting the proper sim or wait for a program which hacktivates the new bootroom iPhones
  7. austinmartin

austinmartin New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    He listed above
  8. dude245

dude245 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    upgrade to 4.0, then jailbreakme, then ultrasn0w, boom bang done

but be sure its 4.0 not 4.1
  9. chiaotzu

chiaotzu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I installed 4.0.1 by adding sauriks server in hosts file for gs.apple.com. So it allowed me to install 4.0.1 because apple stopped signing 4.0 and 4.0.1 firmwares as mentioned by chucklz_smiley. I thought this iPhone is factor unlocked or will work with Airtel if its from India. Neither was true and all I got is emergency screen. If I were to revert back the hosts file, it wouldn't have allowed me to even install 3.1.2, which I installed just now.

I have SHSH blobs for all the OSes from 3.1.2 to 4.1. So that wasn't a problem, but as you've guessed correctly, it asked me for proper SIM card. I decided to switch to 3.1.2 which has hactivation program like blackra1n, which is perfect for me. And I think its not a good idea to wait till hactivation for new bootrom comes which I think will be for 4.1.

That's right.

I can't get to home screen for jailbreakme. I wish Comex had hactivation tool.