Jailbreaking and random questions..?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by gardaland, Jun 20, 2009.

1. gardaland

gardaland New Member

(Not sure if I'm in the right thread..?)
    Alright we'll I've been researching it for a while and still have a few questions. I know how to jail break and what it is mostly used for, I also have all the programs downloaded and can jailbreak with a few clicks. But I'm still wondering...

(Ipod Touch 2nd Gen. 16g. 2.2.1.)
    I'm aware that jailbreaking will wipe my Ipod, but, when i re-sync it after the jailbreak will it put all of my downloaded (From the apple app store) apps back on my Ipod or do I have to re-install all of them..? It's not a deciding factor, I am just wondering how much time I'll need.

Then, Is there any permanent damage that can be done in the process that is not fixable by another restore? I know there are things that I can do to screw it up (Operator error), But is there some random thing that could turn my Ipod into an Ipaperweight?

And is it possible to "un-do" the jailbreak with just a restore or something like it? Just in-case I don't feel the need to have a jail-break anymore.

I am just a little skeptical about jailbreaking because I use my Ipod every day and don't want to lose it lol. So if there is anything else I should know I would be very grateful for any tips or help.

Thanks.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. one2many

one2many Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You saved me from making a new thread

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm also really considering it but the whole "void your warranty" thing is what's stopping me because my parent's would be PISSED if they found out I did that purposely voiding my warranty.

But to answer one of your questions. According to what I read you can dejailbreak. How? I'm not sure.

*edit* I also heard jailbroken iPods drain battery fast is there any truth behind that?
  3. Bills1234

Bills1234 New Member

After jailbreak you can put all your songs and apps from Itunes back on to your ipod touch
    Your ipod touch may also be messed up (highly unlikely since all you have to do is open up quickpwn or Red tool or whatever your program is and click and follow what it tells you to do) but alot of the time when its messed up you can fix it by restoring your ipod touch

Lol a Ipaperweight my ipod classic broke from a whiffle ball so it is a Ipaperweight

anyways yes you can restore your itouch if you dont want it jailbroken anymore
    I suggest you do Jailbreak it you can do alot of stuff with it jailbroken