Jailbreaking and is frozen. Normal?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by phiyuku, Jun 20, 2009.

1. phiyuku

phiyuku New Member

It's been frozen for about 10 mins as of now. Redsn0w says Rebooting and has a progress bar that has stayed empty. Ipod Touch 2G says Downloading Jailbreak data... Is this normal? and how long does it take?
  2. Ogonzo

Ogonzo New Member

Did you install 3.0 on the touch before Jailbreaking? I found the same thing. I had to restore my iPod to the original firmware, then I restored using 3.0 (holding shift + restore) and then using redsn0w to jailbreak. Worked like a charm.

The only problem is that Cydia is crashing. Not sure why.
  3. JohnGore

JohnGore New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This happened to me too it is my 3rd attempt at jailbreaking

1st time the same thing happened, I just exited redsn0w and restarted

2nd time cydia kept crashing.
  4. phiyuku

phiyuku New Member

I had 3.0 installed before starting redsn0w. I read it on iPhone Dev Teams blog and that's what it said. It's still stuck and I'm just going to leave it on longer to see what happens.
  5. SkillsToShow

SkillsToShow New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Just finished jb my ipod touch 2g on my mac and it works but cydia crashes when I try to install something.
  6. yolei

yolei New Member

Exit radsn0w, put you device in DFU mode again and start radsn0w again.
    It worked for me.
  7. phiyuku

phiyuku New Member

Well for those who did not know. No it's not supposed to happen and 2 it takes like 3 seconds for the whole thing not counting DFU. After redsn0w is done there is a screen with a pineapple and progress bar. Atm I'm at that screen. I fixed it by canceling and right clicking the .exe file and choosing run as admin. I am using Windows 7 btw and it should be the same for Vista.

Done with the setup. Cydia works perfectly fine. Now the really really long process of resyncing everything to my iPod. If anyone knows how to put custom logos on the iPod Touch 2G on firmware 3.0, can you tell me how?
  8. qrsy2k

qrsy2k New Member

erm guys, you guys used itunes 8.1 or 8.2 to update firmware 3.0 for your ipod touch? I used iTunes 8.1 and it seems to have an error message whenever i update it to 3.0