iOS 3.1 Jailbreaking an model MC 8gb Ipod Touch HELP!!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Endabrady100, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Endabrady100

Endabrady100 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I got a new 8GB Ipod touch for christmas and i love it. I wanna jailbreak it to get cydia, iv looked at a few vidoes but im new to this and i have a few question. I would be SOOO grateful if yous could help.

1. Firstly can you jailbreak an MC model 8GB 3g Ipod touch? Cause some1 told me you cant.

2. Secondly, If say something goes wrong, like it freezes can i just revert to the way my ipod was before i started the jailbreak or at least restore factory setting. If so how do i do it?

3. How do I copy my all my Ipod song and apps onto itunes if i have to restore(like i said im new). And will doing blackrain wipe everything when im doing it first.

4. And whats this about having do blackrain twice on a 3g Ipod touch, is there a video on youtube that shows you how to do the 3g specifically. Cause I just want to be sure i know what im doing before i start messing around.

If you'se could help me out with them four question id be delighted, thanks alot.

Nice forums BTW
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

1. Yes, you can.
    2. Restore using iTunes.
    3. Well, when you connect your iPod to your computer, iTunes should ask if you want to transfer your apps, and then you press "Okay" or whatever. And for music, you should have all the music already on it, but if it's a new computer or something, use Sharepod to get your music off your iPod. And no, blackra1n will not wipe anything.
    4. The 3G jailbreak is tethered, meaning, whenever you turn your iPod off, reboot your iPod or your iPod dies, you need to run blackra1n and 'make it ra1n' again to turn it back on.
  3. Endabrady100

Endabrady100 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Right Thanks alot. I took your advice, i tried it once and failed and i just reset it.

Im trying it for my second time with blackrain RC2 which i downloaded from [PIRACY.mu]. I started up programme, plugged in ipod, shut down itunes, click let it rain. it goes jailbreak complete in the process of rebooting and then the screen just stays black.

Any tips??
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Thanks alot, I tried it with blackrain 2 and after it said jailbreak complete it just stayed on the rebooting screen for ages and i had to restore. what should i do.
  4. BigBossMan

BigBossMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well there are a few things the other guy left out since you have a 3G ipod touch it will only be a tethered jailbreak tethered jailbreak which means that your iPod touch will lose it’s jailbreak each time you shut the device off so you will have to re do it every time you shut it off..
    and heres how you do the jailbreak for blackra1n
    plug in your ipod to the computer and click make it rain and after it dose all its stuff shut down blackra1n and re open it and do it again then it will work. thats how i did it
  5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I said it's tethered.. and why do you say "lose your jailbreak"..? You don't lose it.. it's there, you just need blackra1n to turn your iPod back on..
  6. Endabrady100

Endabrady100 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I know you have to re-do it, thats not the problem. Its that when i do it first the pic of geohots doesnt come up and you know when it goes rebooting, well nothing happens?????
  7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Hmm.. some people have this problem, but there's no actual solution. You can.. try with iTunes open, try with iTunes closed, or try another computer.
  8. Endabrady100

Endabrady100 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It just goes "gongrats your download is done when ipod reboots" the screen then stays black as its rebooting but noting happens
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Please help if any1 knows a solution