Jailbreaking 8gb vs 16gb

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rkleber, Oct 22, 2007.

1. rkleber

rkleber New Member

I fully intend on purchasing an ipod touch in the near future, and then I fully intend on jailbreaking it that day. I obviously am willing to spring for twice the memory for only $100 more but I have heard it is harder to jailbreak a 16gb than an 8gb. Honestly I dont really understand how that could be considering the files that are being hacked are the same...can anyone confirm or deny?
  2. pattyadams

pattyadams New Member

Ok don't know about the 8gb version as I have the 16gb version. I am a complete nebie to all this and had no knowledge of hacking. I followed the video by touchmaster on you tube using the wifi method and it was really easy. The only bit where I got concerned was where th patch says it should take 2 mins and mine took about 10..but otherwise really easy and definitely worthwhile.
  3. linds

linds New Member

it's the exact same process
  4. rkleber

rkleber New Member

Thats what I figured. Just wanted to make sure before I buy an ipod im more likely to brick.
  5. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    where did you hear that. That is not true at all. It is the exact same process and it takes about 5 minutes.
  6. rkleber

rkleber New Member

I was looking at how much a jailbroken ipod goes for on Ebay and a guy was selling an 8gb one. Someone asked him a question about if he was planning on jailbreaking a 16gb one at any point in the future and the guy said he was working on it but the process was more difficult. However after about 15 minutes of research it would appear my grandmother could hack an ipod with the automatic program....
  7. Rallos

Rallos New Member

It's that easy these days... I managed to screw mine up the other day and had to restore and it took about 5 minutes on my mac. Versus an hour to do it the manual way the first time around.