iOS 4.0 Jailbreaking 4.0

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jcid92, Jun 23, 2010.

1. jcid92

jcid92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    hey guys i have problems trynna jailbreak my 3Gs which is runnin the official iOS4. ive been readin around and redsn0w 0.9.5 b5-4 cant jailbreak the final release of iOS4 and i would actually need to download redsn0w 0.9.5 b5-3 and use the iOS4 GM...well ive done everything correct and still i get the message where it does not recognize the ipsw...im gettin a bit frustrated and impatient with this already because the runnin a not jailbroken iOS4 is boring!!!! is there any solutions you guys could help me out with????? please help!!! id deeply appreciate it!!
  2. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    The newest redsn0w betas CAN jailbreak the official iOS 4.0. However, they are NOT compatible with the iPhone 3G. Only with iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2g.
  3. jcid92

jcid92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)

what about jailbreaking through the redsn0w 0.9.5 b5-3? i couldve sworn i read something about it being able to jailbreak it as long as i used the iOS4 GM
  4. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I believe you can jailbreak the 3GS only if it has the old bootrom.
  5. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Possible, but the description I read said it's for second generation devices only.
  6. jcid92

jcid92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i am on the old bootrom
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    hmmm maybe...but i know this is a noob question, but the new pwnage tool only jailbreaks those that are already jailbroken right? if not how do you jailbreak a 3Gs with pwnage tool? if you cant is there any other way to jailbreak iOS4 right now on the 3GS?
  7. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well, if it still doesn't work, then what I read must have been correct. Wait for the official release of redsn0w as it will most likely support the 3G.
  8. jcid92

jcid92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)

that should be soon right? i mean they are releasing betas back and forth thats why
  9. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You never know. Jailbreaks for the second generation devices are hardware based, so they will always be available almost immediately. However, I believe it is software based for third gen devices, meaning the jailbreak can be broken with firmware updates for these devices. Every time a firmware breaks a jailbreak, developers must find a new one. Only time will tell how long it will be before a new exploit is found and implemented for your device.
  10. jcid92

jcid92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ahh i see, damn they need to hurry because this stock iOS4 is a fricken pain