Jailbreaking 3.1 problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jcid92, Oct 14, 2009.

1. jcid92

jcid92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    hey guys i recently jb my iphone 3G to 3.1 and i am encountering some weird problems. one of em is that it is constantly freezes when i am about to type to text or unlock my phone from sleep. and the other thing that i noticed is that i dont have a carrier, however i am on a plan for atnt and still able to make calls and send texts, i dont know how thats possibe. but please could you guys help me out, tell me what do i need to stop this freezing and how do i get my carrier back?? please help me!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Not sure about that freezing thing; did you create the custom firmware or did it come from another source?

As far as the carrier thing; it is a bug with the jailbreak. For some reason the carrier name is not showing. The easiest "solution" is to download MakeItMine from Cydia; it does not fix the problem itself but you can make it say AT+T.
  3. jcid92

jcid92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    hahaha that's soo ghetto though, id rather have it legitivaly say atnt hahaha.
    and yeah i got if ty's iphone youtube vid...
    any suggestions??
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

3.0 (or 3.0.1) jailbreak does not have the bug. Not sure why 3.1 and 3.1.2 have the problem but they do; if you want it to legitimately saying at&t you'll have to run a jailbroken 3.0, 3.0.1 or a non jailbroken 3.1 or 3.1.2.
  5. jcid92

jcid92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    oh that sucks, but shoot have you heard of any problems like my freezin one around?? cuz sucks a**
  6. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I jailbroke my iphone 3G with a custom 3.1.2 and I don't have any problems..... you should re-jailbreak. did you use a custom pwned firmware or Blackra1n? Blackra1n would not work for me no matter how many times I tried it.
  7. jcid92

jcid92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yeah i used the custom 3.1 firmware. i had ultrasnow on, but i didnt need it cuz im already unlocked soo, i just removed it and now im not freezin anymore. i still wanna fix the carrier bug though
  8. biggr

biggr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    so i hear allot on the internet of people who use blackra1n and the iphone is freezing at the running screen, 2 solutions and one of them might work for you:
    1: put your iphone in airplanemode ( dont ask me why, it works)
    2: if it still freezes at the running screen, force reboot the device WITHOUT PULLING THE CABLE OUT OF YOUR COMPUTER OR IPHONE and run blackra1n again, this time it will work. hope this will help some people out