Jailbreaking 2nd Generation Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Cohen_computer, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Cohen_computer

Cohen_computer New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and i want to jailbreak my 2nd Generation touch...

it's running the latest software (2.2) and i want to jailbreak it...

Now from what i have heard, you can't do it yet, but searching around the forum, it sounds like a lot of people have done it...

what do i have to do???

Thanks,

Cohen
  2. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    no one has actually done it. for now, we have to wait.
  3. Cohen_computer

Cohen_computer New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alright, so what i have heard is true.. it's still being done..

Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

Cohen

4. tdp1018

tdp1018 New Member

i realize the ipod touch 2nd generation (firmware 2.2) cannot be jailbroken...yet but when programs ask for firmware files, do they mean the firmware currently on the ipod touch (saved) or some special firmware that can be jailbroken? I've tried about 15 different firmware but ONLY iPod2,1_2.2_5G77a_Restore works in iTunes and NOTHING works in any program that will hack my ipod.

I have:
    ipod touch 2nd generation (firmware 2.2) and XP Pro
    and would like to know what software to use (tried QuickPwnGUI120,QuickPWN22,ZiPhone and QuickPwn_for_ipod_touch_2g and also played with touchfree, winSCP, and MobileInstallation)...when it can be jailbroken

thanks for any direction

5. SjPedro

SjPedro Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well...as it was said before...there is no JB for the second generation iPod touch...ChronicDev is working on it as we speak....Apparently there is a software exploit that they are currently working on...for what i have read 60% of the work is done....I think we might have to wait about 2 months or so..just be patient
  6. HellbentSteam

HellbentSteam New Member

what about this youtube video!!

v=Ix5gEKly6fQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix5gEKly6fQ[/URL]

look at the comments EVERYONE says it works so if you want to risk it try it and make sure to get back to me on this PLEASE!!!!
  7. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ^ Because they're probably all idiots and have 1st gen iPods. Even look at the firmware, it's for the first gen iPod, not the 2nd!

There's no way it would work!
    And you think I'm going to trust a movie made in Windows Movie Maker over an actual dev team?
  8. tdp1018

tdp1018 New Member

Thanks everyone...i'll try to be patient.

Can anyone answer this...
    When (jailbreaking) programs ask for firmware files, do they mean the firmware currently on the ipod touch (saved) or some special firmware that can be jailbroken? I've tried about 15 different firmware but ONLY iPod2,1_2.2_5G77a_Restore works in iTunes and NOTHING works in any program that will hack my ipod.

My understanding is i can ONLY use firmware that begins with iPod2,1_ ,right? This is for the ipod touch 2nd generation so can i downgrade to (2.0 to 2.2)?

PS i'm a newbie
  9. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    If you want to downgrade to 2.1 it will not work. 2.1 was made for the 1g iPod touch. 2.1.1 is for the 2g so if you want to downgrade from 2.2 the only option you got is 2.1.1 which probably isn't nearlly as stable as 2.2
  10. tdp1018

tdp1018 New Member

thanks...i've tried to find anything that would work below 2.2 and have had no luck. where can i look or should i even bother?

Can anyone answer this...
    When (jailbreaking) programs ask for firmware files, do they mean the firmware currently on the ipod touch (saved) or some special firmware that can be jailbroken? I've tried about 15 different firmware but ONLY iPod2,1_2.2_5G77a_Restore works in iTunes and NOTHING works in any program that will hack my ipod.

I have ipod touch 2nd generation (using firmware 2.2) and XP Pro

Thanks