jailbreaking 2.0+...why do it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by PatIsLegend, Aug 21, 2008.

1. PatIsLegend

PatIsLegend New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    is there really any point? no installer, not many apps work for it yet, and i cant even use the appstore because i havent paid. and now itunes isn't letting me restore to 1.1.4 or 1.1.5, but 2.0 and up works fine. anyone know what the problem is? my only guess is since ive got the newest version of itunes i cant restore to old firmwares.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    There is an Installer and Cydia on 2.0.1. You can use the app store too. There are lots of things on cydia and installer and more added almost everyday.
  3. PatIsLegend

PatIsLegend New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    but cydia and installer are on 1.1.4 and 5...are they not updated anymore on there? and how can i use the appstore...it says i need a screen name or whatever. thanks for the quick reply btw.
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Cydia and Installer are no longer being supported/updated on 1.1.x. To use the App Store, you must create an iTunes account through the iTunes store on your computer.

Also, no more apps (most likely) will ever be made for 1.1.x; only 2.0 and above.
  5. Elric

Elric New Member

You can personalize the wallpaper (the ACTUAL Wallpaper, not Lockscreen), icons, any artwork whatsoever, iPod buttons and menus, Mail, Safari really anything with that Blue that comes default to something a little better, more lively.

Plus, I use Last.fm religiously, so scrobbling the songs I play on my iPhone get scrobbled to the site immediately (or as soon as you get in wifi range if you have the settings set to that).

The Snapture program is great too, you can actually ZOOM now with the camera.

2.0.X is better for the stability, security and of course the App store. But yes, most Apps on Cydia (Do NOT use Installer unless you want your phone/pod to reboot randomly and uncontrollably) are not being updated for the 1.1.X. All programmers are staying with the current firmwares.
  6. PatIsLegend

PatIsLegend New Member

Device:
    iPod touch