Jailbreaking 2.0, Where do i start???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by csdonz, Aug 9, 2008.

1. csdonz

csdonz New Member

Hey Guys, 1st of all don't know where this should be but mods can move if necessery

I haven't been on here recently as i've been happy with 1.1.4 jailbroken however recently the new 2.0 firmware and app store has been released and i'm thinking of upgrading. The only thing is i want to customize my ipod with Summerboard and Customize
    i'd also want:
    1. installer
    2. cydia (similar to installer) would i be able to have that as well as installer?
    3. Summerboard
    4. Customize

So could you guys point me in the right direction of HOW i can jailbreak 2.0 and get installer, for me installer>cydia because it has more sources and is more popular. Help Appreciated
    Thanks
  2. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    winpwn.com for windows

pwnage tool for mac
  3. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Installer is still in public beta, and Cydia is fully ported and the only totally operational one, with apps in it. Cydia will be way more popular than installer for a while, and it is more supported and will continue to be. So your theory on that is wrong. Cydia > Installer on 2.0.

Summerboard isn't on 2.0, but Winterboard! It's freaking epic. Even if you have a small amount of SSHing skill, it's still extremely powerful and much better than Summerboard.

Customize sucks except for system string editing, but it's still on 2.0 (but in public beta).
  4. csdonz

csdonz New Member

Link for Winterboard would be helpful as well as information and instructions to use

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks very much for all the information tho, One other thing, is it 100% safe to jailbreak 2.0 with winpwn?
  5. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

WinPwn is 100% safe, becfause it doesn't modify the iPod at all, simply makes iTunes accept your custom firmware.

Winterboard is fairly simple. It uses the same format for themes as Summerboard, so if you can find a Summerboard theme folder that would originally work with 1.1.x Summerboard, just plop it in /var/stash/Themes.xxxx and apply it from Winterboard, and it'll all work. You can edit ceratin plists in the theme folder to change fonts etc, but that's for more advanced users.
  6. csdonz

csdonz New Member

I'd like to change my slider defo, is that possible. I would also want to change the text where the slider is, that about it really.......oh wait i would want to use Dock.app and possibly Poof.app Is that possible?
  7. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Never use Dock.app, ever. It WILL f*** up your iPod, no matter what firmware. It is also currently NOT being ported to 2.0, as apps cannot run on top of the SpringBoard like Dock does, so it is impossible to port.

You can change your slider and everything that you could theme in 1.1.x, no difference there. Customize replaces all those system images pretty well already. System strings are also still editable.

Poof has been ported already, and works with all types (Default, jailborken, and app store) applications.