Jailbreaking 2.0.2 Problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by JTCGiants56, Aug 21, 2008.

1. JTCGiants56

JTCGiants56 New Member

Over the past couple days I have been following many different tutorials on how to jailbreak your 2.0.2 firmware with QuickPwn. Every single one has led to me getting to a command prompt, the command prompt going through a bunch of stuff on its own, and then just closing itself. It never makes it to the "yes" option which starts the process.

Since I have done all my jailbreaking in the past on my mac, this is the first time I have tried on my windows, and I don't have Itunes installed on here. I don't think that is the problem though.

So does anyone have any possible solution for this?
  2. Veritas06

Veritas06 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I believe you need iTunes so it will install the driver needed for DFU mode, etc.
  3. JTCGiants56

JTCGiants56 New Member

Would I have to sync my Ipod as well to my windows even though the majority of my music and stuff is on my mac?
  4. Veritas06

Veritas06 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't think so. You just need the drivers that iTunes will isntall.
  5. CorranQ

CorranQ New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    iTunes will ask you if you want to sync after you've installed it, just say no and close the program afterwards and go ahead into the whole jailbreaking process =) Don't forget to download the latest version of QuickPwn GUI though! It's been streamlined by DevTeam for 2.0.2 now
  6. JTCGiants56

JTCGiants56 New Member

Yep thanks guys, downloading Itunes and the new QuickPwn did the trick. Now the problem of installing all my apps, sources, and winterboards.. ugh
  7. CorranQ

CorranQ New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    No prob, and LOL, I know what you mean by that ugh... I've spent the entire evening getting everything just the way I like it... *shakes head* if Winterboard and other neat little games and programs from the jailbreakers were on iTunes AppStore and I didn't have to hacktivate my iPhone, oh how much simpler life would be....