Jailbreaking 1.1.4 without Wifi..

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Mik2121, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Mik2121

Mik2121 New Member

Hi there! I already took a look at similar threads like this but couldn't find the answer.

Anyway, how do I jailbreak my iPod Touch (8Gb) with 1.1.4 firmware and without Wi-fi? Also, once I do that, can I get the applications without wifi too?..

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks in advance and sorry for the question.. I hope it has not been asked before

2. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

you can jail brake 1.1.4 with ziphone 2.6b
    as for adding apps it's alot easier with wifi and installer
    otherwise you could install apps manually via ssh
    the ipod is alot better with wifi
  3. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    First, go to ziphone.org, and download the latest version of ZiPhone (2.6b).

After that, extract it, and run the program. If you have previously jailbroken with ZiPhone, you will need to clear your NVRAM, which only takes a few seconds, and is found under the advanced options. After that, you just click on "Jailbreak" (make sure it is the iPod Touch button) and wait about 45 seconds.

No Wi-Fi required. Though I REALLY suggest you get some, for access to installer.app, and for more features, such as Safari and Highscores for some games.
  4. Mik2121

Mik2121 New Member

I know it's better with Wifi, it's just I don't have it on my house right now. But I'm moving this weekend to a new house and will have Wifi, so maybe I should wait...
  5. zirco33

zirco33 New Member

go to Starbucks and spend $8 on a mocha latte.
  6. Mik2121

Mik2121 New Member

Not feeling like going to one right now (1:29AM). So.. I download this ZiPhone and the applications and I install them via 'ssh', and I get everything?...
  7. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Uhh...

Well, what applications are you talking about? To get the iPhone applications + wiggling functionality + lyric support, the easiest way would be with Wi-Fi, you just add a source in installer, and install. I recommend ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml for that.

You can add the source without wifi, but in order to refresh + access it, you need internet connection.

But you don't need wifi for ZiPhone, it just jailbreaks your Touch. (ziphone.org)
  8. Mik2121

Mik2121 New Member

Yeah I would like to get the notes thing and weather, etc.. plus the wiggling functionality + lyric support, but without Wifi, what's the fastest way? the SSH thing you talked about?

Sorry for asking things again.. I'm not really too much into this..

9. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It's ok, ask all you want. That's what a forum is for.

As for another way for the apps, SSHing them would be your next option. However, I don't personally know how to get the January app package on your iPod through SSH. In other words, I don't know where to download it, etc.

You need to ask someone else for that,sorry.
  10. Mik2121

Mik2121 New Member

Oh well, I guess tomorrow I will go to somewhere with Wifi and get the apps.

Also, I used the ZiPhone and got the Installer.. installed. I just use that with wifi connection and that's it, isn't it? What's the name of the app for the January update?