Jailbreaking 1.1.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by andyffer, Nov 10, 2007.

1. andyffer

andyffer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm thinking about going out this weekend and picking one up. What Im not sure of is, can I still downgrade my ipod touch and use the oktoprep way to jailbreak my ipod or not?

I was also debating if I should get it for myself at Christmas. Maybe there will be a better way of jailbreaking it. Something like iJailbreak or jailbreakme.com

Let me know!
  2. mctink

mctink New Member

You can downgrade to 1.1.1 by option clicking on mac or on windows shift click on the check for update button in itunes and then clicking on the 1.1.1 file. (you are going to have to download that.) After you do that you can jailbreak normally with jailbreakme or any other.
    At the moment the hackers/devopers have not released the final application that works with oktoprep so at the moment 1.1.2 is not jailbroken but you can still have a jailbroken 1.1.1 ipod. The method that is supposed to come out in a few days seem fairly easy. Most likely a few clicks in an app. It should be a week at the most b/c they already have the app working just fixing bugs and putting a gui on it.