jailbreaking 1.1.2 problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by BShep1305, Feb 23, 2008.

1. BShep1305

BShep1305 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    im following the dev teams jailbreaking process. and i install oktoprep before updating to 1.1.2, i made sure i didn't restore to 1.1.2 but i clicked update shift+check for updates and then selected 1.1.2. and when i run the windows.bat file it says "jailbreak failed you need to run oktoprep before updating to 1.1.2" every single time. ive done it at least 5 times and it says the same thing every time. any help?
  2. dannyp69

dannyp69 New Member

Go to installer and install oktoprep its under 1.1.1 tweaks, make sure u have community sources installed. then try it again, when u you jailbreak 1.1.1 its says its comes with Oktoprep but when i tried i got the samething u got....
  3. BShep1305

BShep1305 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    any more help?
  4. x6blues

x6blues New Member

are u just using jailbreakme.com when on 1.1.1, because it says it automatically installs it, but it hasnt done it for me, so in other words are u getting it from installer? try adding this source, http://hackthatphone.com/1.xml. if u did get it from installer and u get an error, i can only think of restarting the computer and the touch to try again. gl
  5. doom_monkey

doom_monkey New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had the exact same thing happen to me so i just restored to 1.1.1 and now im having problem with the installer. I cant find packages such as open ssh and customize is anyone else having this problem?
  6. BShep1305

BShep1305 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i used tinyurl/36dsyz to install the installer app