Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by gromit298, Aug 5, 2008.

1. gromit298

gromit298 New Member

Is it safe to jailbreak my ipod touch.
    has there ever been an ipod that has been bricked?????
  2. h_picko

h_picko New Member

*sigh
    No there hasnt
  3. j3susjulce

j3susjulce New Member

Sadly, I can say that there actually has.

I feel that I may need to post something about this, because I know this isn't in the right forum. However, last week I was trying to jailbreak 2.0, and while using WinPWN my computer started stuttering a lot on the program, and it gave me a generic error while updating and then had the USB unplug noise. When I went to turn it back on, it wouldn't I thought maybe I had to reset it, but to no avail did that work. I finally took it to the apple store and I just told the guy that while updating to firmware 2.0 iTunes crashed when it said "OMFG DON'T UNPLUG" and I got a new one for free under the warranty. But I do believe that this would count as bricking.
  4. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    there are many ways of trouble shooting though. u can DFU restore, normal restore. and just try a way. the possibilities of bricking is very very very low
  5. h_picko

h_picko New Member

yeah eactly you could have gone into DFU mode and restored.
    Tbh that wasnt any problem of the iPod, it was the computer fault.
  6. j3susjulce

j3susjulce New Member

I tried to get to DFU mode multiple times to no avail. The Apple guy tried work on it with 3 other people in the apple store for about an hour. I'm 95% sure it was truly and actually bricked. But I agree that it is a very, very, VERY low possibility of happening to you unless you're doing something that people tell you not to.
  7. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yes, actually pulling out the usb cable while jailbreaking could possibly brick it. im not sure, since i havent heard of anyone who has done that till now, but it could have been bricked. im not sure
  8. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

WinPwn 2.x doesn't even modify your iPod. You could do the whole thing, including iPwner, without plugging in an iPod.