iOS 4.1 Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by frosk, Oct 30, 2010.

1. frosk

frosk Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I would love to jailbreak, I read alot about it.
    I would like to know if :
    - It void my warranty
    - I can completely unjailbreak (leave ABSOLUTELY NO traces)
    - Is worth for a 3rd gen ipod touch 32G?
    - Is there anyway get viruses or malicious things on it?
    - What are other disadvantages (risk)

Thanks!
  2. Bigray14719

Bigray14719 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It wont void a warrenty, If you restore all traces will be removed and the warranty will be intact.

Jailbreak is always worth it. Customization and tweaks let you make the device truely yours.

No, viruses are hard to make for the ipod/iphone, A jailbreak is technically a desired virus and developers spend months trying to make them. So no you cant get viruses.

No risks. You can always dfu restore and your back to stock.

Check my sig for a tut on grrenpoison to jailbrak 4.1
  3. frosk

frosk Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    But sometimes I see post in forums that say that their ipod cant be seen in DFU or that it's possible to see if you restore from jailbreak
  4. Bigray14719

Bigray14719 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Those are posts from ametuers that dont know what they're doing. Ive been doing this a long time. Trust me. Everything I said above stands.
  5. Hurr Durr

Hurr Durr Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    - It void my warranty
    No
    - I can completely unjailbreak (leave ABSOLUTELY NO traces)
    yes, people only say it voids warranty because they send their device to apple without restoring.
    - Is worth for a 3rd gen ipod touch 32G?
    Err, yes?
    - Is there anyway get viruses or malicious things on it?
    There's viruses for everything, but like Linux there are not many viruses. Use common sense and you will be fine.
    - What are other disadvantages (risk)
    There's a possibility that the device will turn into a miniature nuclear warhead during the process, and the FBI will come round your house and arrest you.
  6. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

Depending on what you download from cydia, it may cause lagg.
  7. firepelt

firepelt Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    It voids your warranty but if you restore they won't know anyways so it doesn't really matter unless you somehow brick your iPod in a way that it can't go to DFU and restore (I don't know if this is possible or how to do it)

You can completely unjailbreak, but it might leave your fake carrier name and maybe a few other things (If you DFU restore this won't happen)

It is worth it for for iPod Touch 3g 32gb because... Well, there's SBsettings. And Backgrounder (makes Multi-tasking actually work). You can also get a semi-working Flash on your iPod that I can't link to the .deb because it contains copyrighted code. Of course you can just wait for SkyFire 2.0 for iPhone.

I'm pretty sure there are viruses but you don't have to worry about that just change your root password and you should be safe. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

The disadvantages are... It might brick your iPod in the process but it has never happened to me. Another disadvantage is people might harass you and ask you to jailbreak their iDevices (in real life). Some things in Cydia might slow down your device as stated above but you can use iFile to delete your launch daemons and it will make your iPod boot up faster.
  8. Hurr Durr

Hurr Durr Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    True.
  9. TechnoEagle

TechnoEagle Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes, but if you restore (unjailbreak) your warranty will not be voided anymore.

Yes.

It depends on what why you want to jailbreak. iOS 4 added a lot of new features that were previously jailbreak-only. Also, jailbreaking might slow down your iPod (depending on what you download).

Yes, but the risk is low. Jailbreaking disables certain security features, so it is possible to get a virus, but no one ever makes viruses for the iPhone, so the risk is minial.

Hope this helps.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. frosk

frosk Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    are you guys sure?