Jailbreak!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by leo-king95, May 4, 2010.

1. leo-king95

leo-king95 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay i wasn't sure whether to put this in here or the jailbreak one but i guessed it can be moved if wished, anyway. I am running Firmware 3.1.3, and i tried to use redsnow 0.9.4 to jailbreak it. i then (following lots of videos) select 3.1.2 as the firmware for it to work. and then it will do all that stuff. then i put it in DFU then it does some stuff until the screen comes up with "Downloading Jailbreak Data" and redsnow on my laptop (Windows 7, if that helps) will "Uploading Ramdisk" the problem is, thats as far as it gets, it may sometimes make it to the patching kernel stage but never has it got further than there or even made it to the finish so the pineapple screen comes up. SOOOOOO help please? thanks. Also i tried it and once again it got stuck on uploading ramdisk, i left it there for i dunno, 20 minutes hoping it may move but then my ipod just rebooted and just turned on like normal, before you ask i searched and no cydia anywhere or anything.

PS: ive been told i should just be able to just search for 3.1.3 and it should work but it said it is unable to verify ISPW or something along those lines. ALSO my ipod is a 2g non-MC model if that helps at all.
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Use the new jailbreak tool Spirit, its a case of just plugging in and running that. Far simpler and easier to work with
  3. leo-king95

leo-king95 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Does this download cydia though?