Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gex00, Dec 21, 2009.

1. gex00

gex00 New Member

Im quite oblivious to what is the potential of jailbreaking, now Im a gamer so I would prolly use my itouch for gaming and some of it for apps too of course

but is itouch like the psp

Heres what you can do on your psp:

if you "mod" (this is the term we use as you guys use jailbreak on itouch) your psp:

-You can download all I mean like ALL the games for free
    -You can have homebrews (more like apps in itouch terms) like youtube and such

Now what can you do to a jailbroken itouch?

-Can you Download Free games (like assassins creed, resident evil and COD:Zombies etc...)
    -I dont care about the apps that much

NOTE: This has been probably been asked before but I just really need to know this and if I posted in the wrong section - Im sorry Im new but pls do notify me where you(Mod) have moved it so I would know where I can find the reply/ies here

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Fodd1337

Fodd1337 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Could have been posted in the jailbreaking section... Getting free apps is illegal and can not be discussed on this forum, sorry. To answer your question, though, there really is nothing that is off-limits with jailbreaking.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Well, first off, you won't get a PSP quality gaming experience on the iPod touch. Sorry, it just isn't happening.

Now, there are way (hisssssss....) to get free games, but they are strictly banned from discussion from here. Steer clear, my friend, clear.

Basically, jailbreaking is more about adding functionalities to your iPod that Apple has declined doing themselves (toggles, multitasking, etc...). If those incentives sound nice, then go ahead; jailbreaking can be great. Its much easier to do/undo on the iPod touch than on the PSP (experience; Pandora Battery).

So go for it, but do it for the added functionality, because the best games will remain in the App Store.

P.S. I don't support pirating apps in any way. It is stealing from the developer; many of which are forum regulars around here.
  4. gex00

gex00 New Member

oh Im sry but can u email me gekbrioso00@gmail.com the sites that give out free games and apps so it will be private and to avoid the discussion here ty, I know about rock and cydia but I cant find the games I like there...
  5. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Oh, I made it sound like I support it.

No, I don't. And I won't email you; I was trying to inform you that there are ways, but that you should not do it. I'm not going to help you steal; sorry.

Basically, stay away from that portion of the jailbreak.
  6. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No discussion of piracy.

What is so hard to understand about that? If you want to steal from hard working devs, go to some other site.