jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by stambo9, Jan 2, 2008.

1. stambo9

stambo9 New Member

ok i have a couple of questions on this topic i want to jail break it but i dont know if it is worth the risk
    1. will it mess up my touch
    2.if it does can it be fixed
    3.is there a way to do it safer then other ways
    4.how do you restore your ipod
  2. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

1. you may have to restore
    2. restore should fix it
    3. not really
    4. plug you ipod, in the screen in itunes that comes up has to big buttons in the middle on says update the other says restore, click restore
  3. stambo9

stambo9 New Member

thank you for that information
    i recently jail broke my touch and it worked and everything perfectly fine then i plugged it in and i updated my firm ware back to 1.1.2. from 1.1.1. and everything went away and i didnt no that it was gonna do that so i re did the steps and then i think i clicked restore or i might not of but when i went to turn on my ipod it froze at thefirst thing that comes on when you turn it on the apple logo and it wouldnt do anything i had to hold the power and the other button down to turn it off and i tried turning back on several times but it wouldnt go to the main screen and when i plugged it in itunes didnt detect it so i took it back and they gave me a new one i also thought that it voids the warrenty so i dont no can you tell me anything about all of that thanks
  4. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

Hmm.. what is the question exactly? If it's about voiding your warranty, you still have the rest of your one year warranty left. Any way if you want to know about updating to 1.1.2. you will need to ask someone who has updated theirs because I haven't. When you were haveing problems, you should have put it into recovery mode(holding sleep and the middle button until the screen with the dock connector comes up, you may have to hold it for like 30 seconds) which would allow you to restore and fix it.
    Anyway, your story is exactly why I haven't updated to 1.1.2.