Jailbreak??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TFlickinger0573, Jan 23, 2009.

1. TFlickinger0573

TFlickinger0573 New Member

Hey guys, I am new to this site. I just recently got an iPod touch and I am trying to do some cool things with it. My boyfriend keeps talking about jailbreaking it, but told me to not try it because I probably wouldn't be able to figure it out.

Well he was right. I actually don't even know what that means to jailbreak it and I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what it means and why you would jailbreak it?? And then how to go about that or whatever?

My ultimate goal is: I want to change the theme and customize it and I have no idea how or where to begin.

Thank you!!!!!
  2. mcyo

mcyo New Member

Little question before I can help: do you have firmware 1.1.x or 2.x?
  3. TheKKKiller

TheKKKiller New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  4. TFlickinger0573

I'm not sure what Firmware I have, is that the same as the software? If so, my software version is 2.2
  5. that one guy

that one guy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i know you are new to the site but please search before posting threads that are questions.
  6. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You have a 1G or 2G?
  7. woody666

woody666 New Member

Ipod touch Ipod is disabled

Hey, I read some threads figured one of you can help, have a Itouch 8GB geuss 2.2 ? after the dudes had their way with the IPOD they managed to get it disabled , I have the pass but as I am an EXTREME nube to IPODS in general was wondering how to go about unlocking it. If you depress the refrsh butn says Ipod is dissabled go to Itunes ..and I tunes with the lates firmware says it cant read it ...cause of the passcode lock so ...WTF ?
  8. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
  9. orange.7

orange.7 Member

Good point.
  10. TFlickinger0573

Okay guys sorry again. I've been reading stuff like the last 4 hours and I think I'm on the right track. I restored my ipod, it's software is 2.2 and I got the bootloader thing too. I am now trying to go through with the jailbreak and I'm using Pwnage tool and it asks for my firmware thing and I think I already had it? This is what I have, iPod2,1_2.2_5G77a_Restore.ipsw and it doesn't seem to find it and won't let me move on. Can someone help me please??