Jailbreak worthwhile?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by xAmrick, Feb 27, 2008.

1. xAmrick

xAmrick New Member

I got my ipod for christmas and i love it. My need to use it has brought me to these forums to see what more i can do with my ipod. I've been looking at jailbreak for a while now, but was always worried it would screw my ipod over. For those of you who used your touch for a bit before getting jailbreak, is it worth getting?

I have an 8gig so im considering getting the ziphone update when 1.1.4

Are there other jailbreaks?
  2. Overdoze

Overdoze New Member

I also got my ipod for christmas... had it about 2-3 weeks before i jailbroke it.... Its absolutely worth jailbreaking.. i highly reccomend it, you can do so much more with your iPod when it is jailbroken. It is safe.. i have jailbroken many times (30+ times, i dont keep count) and nothing has ever gone wrong... you can always just restore anyway. i have never used the ziphone method, if you are not entirly sure what you are doing i would reccomend jailbreaking 1.1.1 first, because its sooo easy, just downgrade to 1.1.1 and go to jailbreakme.com. and then jailbreak 1.1.2 --> 1.1.3 if you get the hang of how to jailbreak. 1.1.2 jailbreak is easy, but 1.1.3 has many bugs.

if you need any help or have any question... just ask
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Uhh, Don't ask. Search the Forums. Search Google, Yahoo, and any other search engine. If noone has asked a question like the ones in the forums, THEN you ask.
  4. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    LOL that post up top was like okay....
    but to answer you.
    Yes jailbreak, you can always go back. Any problems
    Just Ask. Though some people might not want to help you and flame you, but there are still people like me who care. And won't tell you to search.
  5. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Seriously, IMO you should just do it. ZiPhone is the best, no hacking involved, way to jailbreak an iPod/iPhone; it's literally a case of just clicking a button. Once you've done that, you have the freedom to install a multitude of free applications, once again at the press of a button. And at the moment, pretty much everything works. Of course, the SDK will bring more professional applications, but many of those will cost money, and it's best to have a free alternative as well.

It would probably be best to wait for Zibri to release a version of ZiPhone that officially works with 1.1.4, but I've just used an older version with 1.1.4, and it works perfectly.

Of course, if you do have any problems, you can post your questions here, or even PM me personally, and you will get help (despite what the "SEARCH!" zealots say) .

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. juniorgentile

juniorgentile New Member

stop repeating previous questions!!
    look in other treads before posting!!
    and no, dont update to 1.1.4 yet!
  7. Whosthatrandom

instead of telling him off, why don't you be helpful?

You're not a mod, so therefore it is not your place to admonish him. If you really have a problem with his post, then use the report button.
  8. routerbad

routerbad New Member

seriously...

No issues with using Ziphone to JB 1.1.4 on iTouch because you don't have to unlock it like the phone. I would definitely reccomend it, but if updating from 1.1.3JB, do a restore first to remove old copies of third party apps from the filesystem because while the icon may be gone the app is still there (or uninstall everything before updating).
  9. xAmrick

xAmrick New Member

thanks for all the feedback. Any to all of you who said search, i dont care. I want to ask the question as I want too.
  10. Whosthatrandom

You tell em.