jailbreak without wifi access

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by jsn.mcclintock, Feb 6, 2008.

1. jsn.mcclintock

jsn.mcclintock New Member

does anyone know if theres a way to jailbreak the touch without havin to go to jailbreakme.com thru safari? i dont have any access to a wifi network... any info would be appreciated!
  2. jsn.mcclintock

well i no how to install all the apps from my computer, i just dont no how to get the damn thing jailbroken!

ive got access to wifi at the college were im at but i was told that the wifi here isnt configured for it...
  3. Wicked One 612

Wicked One 612 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It gives the iPod Touch a plethora of capabilities when wifi is enabled. Just go pick up a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband router (WRT54G) at Circuit City or Best Buy. They cost about $50 and work flawlessly.
  4. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

I'm afraid that, without WiFi access, you cannot jailbreak any iPod touch, as you have to go to jailbreakme.com to make use of the TIFF exploit, which gives you read/write access to the device in the first place.

But why on earth did you buy an iPod touch when you don't have a wireless network? There's simply no point; you may as well have bought a normal iPod instead.
  5. jsn.mcclintock

but i live in the irish countryside in a part that cant receive broadband!! there are several wifi spots around the town were i go to college but i cant get my ipod connected to them properly...
  6. link_08

link_08 New Member

7. jsn.mcclintock

i didnt buy it, my girlfriend give it to me for christmas... and the reason i wouldve bought one regardless is cos of the big step up in technology and design that it gives compared to the standard ipods... theres more to life than wifi!!
  8. jsn.mcclintock

9. link_08

link_08 New Member

thats why u are in the best forum buddy, and dude u are welcome
  10. jsn.mcclintock