Jailbreak-Website doesn't work!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cust0m, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cust0m

cust0m Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hello Guys,

I just wanted to re-jailbreak my touch because of many crashes and so on.
    So, first of all: Why did a Mod delete the automatic jailbreak thread?! It's in the Wiki now, okay, but there is no link for the download....

Back to Topic:
    I restored my iPod, disabled all these Apple progs like iTunesHelper and then tried to access jailbreak.toc2rta.com - but my Safari just gets redirected to http://www.toc2rta.com/!
    Is there another website with the Tiff-Exploit, or when will jailbreak.toc2rta.com be online again?

OT: I can't install .NET 3.0, dunno why, so I can't use TouchFree either, anybody here, who knows what could the Problem?
    Error protocol says:
    [10/24/07,12:52:36] WIC-Installer: [2] Setup Failed on component WIC-Installer
    [10/24/07,12:52:46] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates WIC-Installer is not installed.
    [10/24/07,12:52:46] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 was not attempted to be installed.

Regards,
    cust0m
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I don't know why it wouldn't be working, and I'm not about to confirm that it isn't working on my iPod. One thing I can recommend would be searching this forum. I know there are at least a couple of of members who saved the tiff for themselves just in case the site ever did go down.

Another option would be to take the source code (a .cpp file) and simply recomplile it. When you run it, it should leave you with your very own jailbreak .tiff

If you don't have a C++ compiler, you can download MicroSoft's Visual C++ 2005 for free, directly from Microsoft.com

Oh, and here's a link to where you can download the .NET 3.0 framework directly from MicroSoft.
  3. cust0m

cust0m Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If i compile it myself i still have to set up a website, so this is actually no option for me.
    I used the .NET 3.0 from the Windows Site, which didn't work.
    I found out, that i had to open the installer with different preferences via cmd, now it's working.
    And i really got _no_ idea how to find ppls websites with the exploit...
    I'll try searching for it, but I'm not very confident :/

Regards,
    cust0m
  4. oliath

oliath New Member

argh
    i have the same issue too here as of today.

Any idea where else i can find the image if i cant recompile it myself?

I forgot how much the ipod touch sucks with just the default apps :-(
  5. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.