jailbreak using tethered or wait for untetherd?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pitbull666, Dec 18, 2009.

1. pitbull666

pitbull666 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi. Im considering jailbreaking my ipod touch 3g using blackrain (tethered), but im a bit jumpy 'bout it. Should i just wait unpatiently for untethered version or use the tethered. if i use the tethered then the untethered version comes out, how will i install the untethered version? (just jailbreak? restore than jailbreak? "unjailbreak" than jailbreak?) thnx.
  2. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I'd say just go ahead and do the Tethered jailbreak, you don't really notice it that much.
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Do you plan on turning your iPod on and off everyday? If not, then a tethered jailbreak shouldn't be a problem. And for your second question.. I'm not completely sure, I'm just going to assume you need to restore and jailbreak. I could be wrong though.
  4. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    There is no point in turning off the device, so go for the tethered jailbreak.
  5. lakerfanalways

lakerfanalways Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    If you leave the Ipod on when you go to bed, aren't you gonna kill the battery life. I was going to buy a new 3rd Gen Ipod Touch but I am going to wait for an untethered one..I turn mine off everyday, I don think I could leave it on all the time
  6. pitbull666

pitbull666 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    thnx all, but does anyone know how to install untethered jailbreak when thethered jailbreak is already installed?
  7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

It does, but slowly. It actually uses more power turning it on and off than letting it sleep. Plus I don't like turning it on and off because it takes long to turn on

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

What about when you install WinterBoard and you have to reboot? That poses a problem because then you would have to run Blackra1n to start it.
  9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Yea, but how many times do you actually do that? Do it when you're at home so you can run blackra1n to boot it up, then it's done.
  10. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just jailbreak with the tethered jailbreak. You're going to be waiting for quite a while for the untethered jailbreak to be released.

Once an untethered jailbreak does come out, all you should have to do it use the program to jailbreak. I don't think you will have to restore.