jailbreak upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wan3212, Nov 22, 2007.

1. wan3212

wan3212 New Member

i have a version 1.1.1 jail broken ipod touch. if i update to 1.1.2, will i lose all my apps and have to jailbreak again?

yes, i did use search, but it didnt help much

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. 02 turbo

02 turbo New Member

Im not 100% certain, because i just restored to 1.1.1 before i jailbroke 1.1.2. Doing so wiped all my apps/files.
  3. Paintball

Paintball New Member

Bullsh*t. If you searched, there would be about a million results. All of which would anwser your question. Yes, it will delete all of your apps and things. Unless you install OktoPrep. But do a real search a find the threads that explain how to do this.
  4. Recon

Recon New Member

Just answer his f***ing question and stop telling people to do a search!. If everybody just searched for the answers there would be no point in this forum!

People come on here for advice, we aint all geeks!, so stop being so f***ing high and mighty and help then instead of screaming at them in your geeky girly voice to, "DO A SEARCH!".
  5. shadyboo

shadyboo New Member

6. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    OK - now everyone just calm down.

Paintball has a point, although I don't agree with how he delivered it.

Recon & shadyboo - if the same question was asked and answered dozens of times (which it has), if the user is asking questions in the wrong forum (which he was), the users of the board who have seen the questions and helped people time and again are going to get frustrated. We're not saying don't ask questions - we're saying read the FAQs, read through some of the posts, use the search bars BEFORE you post. It's common courtsey.

Anyways - to answer wan3212, yes I believe you will lose all your applications when you upgrade and you will need to reinstall. However, if you don't have to downgrade or restore, all of your previous settings for Mail, etc. should be retained.
  7. wan3212

wan3212 New Member

^ok, thanks. thats all i needed.
  8. skids

skids New Member

Do you feel tough and important now!

Also why doesn't he stick it in the Jailbreak thread. The word Jailbreak is a clue.

Note my post too. I didn't have to resort to swearing or insulting people.

The forum isn't here to have endless repeated posts it is for a variety of subjects
  9. wan3212

wan3212 New Member

wow people on this thread have problems (^) anyways i dont know y i posted it here. i guess it was a mistake. dont u ever make mistakes?
  10. skids

skids New Member

Yes I make mistakes and I am worried that I am becoming a miserable Bstard but it is only on these forums because of the amount of immature people on here.

But I am sick to death of the fact that about 90% of the posts in the General Chat section are either Jailbreak or asking for Technical Help when there are separate threads for both.

The fact that your post was titled Jailbreak Upgrade covers both Jailbreak and Technical help. Nothing to do with general chat!