Jailbreak + Update itunes question

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by HaGGardSmurf, Apr 13, 2009.

1. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

Hey guys, I havent been around alot, so I am uninformed and have a simple question...

My iPod is on 2.1.1, its been jailbroken, and if I remember correctly, when you jailbreak it patches your itunes... If I were to update my itunes to 8.x.x would this cause any problems for me?
    IE: Sync problems, App problems, No cracked apps (I dont have any, but just to know...)

Incase any of you are super smart, and know that there has been an itunes update since 2.1.1 FW came out, I did not download and install that, figured there was no point, but now that were on itunes 8.x.x I figure there are some major things fixed + added.
  2. TheBigOne

TheBigOne New Member

Using a jailbroken 2.1.1 iPod Touch, and I installed iTunes 8 yesterday ans it works fine.

Im pretty sure jailbreaking doesnt do anything to your iTunes. Tt patches the firmware to be loaded onto your iPod, not iTunes, so updating wont cause any problems.

Edit: yep, Devteam have confimed that 8.1.1 iTunes is fine: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/
  3. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

Ok, thanks, I wasnt quite sure, I thought in the quickpwn process it patched your itunes so you could sync apps properly, or something like that...