Jailbreak tech problem..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Degeneration, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Degeneration

Degeneration New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I jailbroke my iPod Touch 3rd generation 8GB and it was working perfect with Cydia, amazing free apps.

Please Register or Log in to view images

But then after about an hour of fun, I turned it off.. and when I plugged it into my wall charger to charge it, the plug into iTunes icon came up, like it had to be synced to iTunes.. this wouldn't go away so I just restored it. Now it works perfect, but my question is.. why did it go to plug into iTunes thing?

ALL help really appreciated, I'm new to the iPod touch fans forum.

I USED BLACKRA1N to jailbreak my iPod btw!
  2. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Blackrain is tethered jailbreak at this point
  3. Degeneration

Degeneration New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Oh, thanks dude! Do you know an untethered one?
  4. crackinhedz

crackinhedz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch

There is an option to prevent iTunes from opening/connecting when you connect the iTouch to your PC.

Its under your 'devices' main page:

...make sure its not selected.

also, another setting to check:

...make sure it has a check mark.
  5. Degeneration

Degeneration New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What if the iTunes thing comes up on my iPod when I plug it into a wall outlet with a wall charger, what do I do then?
  6. crackinhedz

crackinhedz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    By default the iPod always says to connect to iTunes when you turn off or reboot the tethered jailbreak.

But iTunes is not necessary,which is why you should prevent it from opening up when you connect.

All you need to do is run Blackra1n anytime you turn off or reboot.
  7. Car121

Car121 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have a jailbroken 2g I Touch and it will not work with any wall charger. Is there somthing I can do to make it work? any help
  8. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Does it work with a standard plugin to the computer with the same USB cable?
  9. Hunter712

Hunter712 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm having this problem to, but I refuse to Recover, mainly because I have a lot of apps with a lot of records on them (games etc).
  10. No...blackra1n is not tethered. It's only tethered for the 3G iPod ONLY. And don't restore it through iTunes just because you see the USB connect to iTunes thing...just plug it into your comp, and run blackra1n.exe and make it ra1n...it'll boot up and all your apps and everything and info should be there.

EDIT: Okay, the 3G iPod has an updated bootrom or whatever, I dunno, but Apple did something to it so that you supposedly shouldn't be able to jailbreak it. The best developers like geohotz could do is come up with a tethered jailbreak (this applies to the 3G iPod only, 2Gs will work fine untethered). This means everytime you reboot you must rejailbreak it. This doesn't mean you'll loose anything. It's as if you restarted it, everything is still there.

Just think of it as an inconvenience, to reboot you must go through 2 steps instead of one; it won't do anything to anything on your iPod, it simply means you must go through an extra step to reboot.

...But of course soon Chronic Dev will release greenpois0n and it will be untethered for the 3G and possibly 4G iDevices, yay.

I personally next to never reboot. I just respring, as it will suffice when app/package installations require you to reboot to take effect or whatever. Hope this helps.