Jailbreak seriously decreasing battery life

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Sean the Pirate, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Sean the Pirate

Sean the Pirate New Member

Since I jailbroke my 2g Touch yesterday I've noticed that the battery is wearing down MUCH faster than it usually would. After simply playing music for an hour or so it was down about 30%. It's never worn down that quickly before.

Is this normal? Is severely decreased battery life one of the costs of jailbreaking? Or should I look into getting my iPod replaced?
  2. dudeitsriley

dudeitsriley Banned

umm my battery is fine and I'm jailbroken. My iPod usually lasts like at least a day (not non stop of course, but I do use it a lot).
  3. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    jailbreak doesnt effect it NEARLY that much, try restoring and then see if the battery is like that after u have jailbroken but arent running winterboard and that stuff.
  4. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

Was it a NOR flash or a full restore jailbreak? Because I did a NOR flash, and the battery dwindled down super fast. Dunno why.

Then I did a full restore, then it went back to normal.
  5. Sean the Pirate

I don't know what you mean by NOR flash. I used QuickFreedom to jailbreak it.

I'll try un jailbreaking it and see what happens. If the abttery still dwindles down that fast I'll make a trip to an apple store.
  6. iforget

iforget Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Make sure SSH is turned off, and WiFi of course
    Get the SSBSettings and slide your finger across the top of your iPod screen and turn off SSH
  7. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    if it was a NOR flash, restore and start over
  8. Sean the Pirate

Can someone please explain what NOR flash is? I've already stated that I don't know what that is.

All of my settings are the same as before the jailbreak. The only difference between a couple of days ago and now is that now it's jailbroken and chewing up battery at an incredible rate.
  9. rofl.

rofl. Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    NOR flash is a different way of getting untethered jailbreak only for those whom have tethered jailbreak. It flashes the nor system so you don't loose anything. It still has the same affects as the normal jailbreak.
  10. Sean the Pirate

I'm assuming that isn't the issue then, as I used QuickFreedom.