jailbreak restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by aerogineer, Jan 26, 2008.

1. aerogineer

aerogineer New Member

has anyone actually jailbroken their ipod....had it break...restored it and sent it back to apple and got a new one?
  2. FregoS

FregoS New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Jailbreak won't break your ipod...*starts talking by him self*
    *stupidnoobbszfkcnaskinquestions*
  3. aerogineer

aerogineer New Member

i know it wont break your ipod...but for whatever reason if one broke...i want to be 100% positive that i can restore and get my ipod fixed/replaced
  4. Dbajj

Dbajj New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well once you restore an iPod it takes it right back to factory settings, so unless Apple planted some insanely secret code into the iPod touch that nobody has found out yet that detects when you jailbreak it then no Apple would not have any way to find out if it was jailbroken.

Don't see why you would need to send it in because of jailbreaking though, restoring clears up about 90% of all issues, excluding actual hardware deficiencies like dead pixels and the like.
  5. emed795

emed795 New Member

well I had to do exactly this since I had to go to the apple store because of a hardware issue so I restored my jailbroken iPod. they accepted it and replaced it no questions asked, well at least nothing about it being jailbroken anyway.

so no apply can't tell it was jailbroken since when you restore it it is essentially the same as a non-jailbroken iPod