Jailbreak recommendations

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by nik442, Apr 5, 2008.

1. nik442

nik442 New Member

Right now I'm on 1.1.1 jailbroken, and im content with everything I've got on my ipod.

...But should i upgrade to the 1.1.4 jailbreak, or the 2.0 jailbreak for that matter?

Are there any pros/cons to either staying as I am, or jailbreak newer firmwares?

thanks.
  2. tomatoblood

tomatoblood New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Its really your choice.
    Im running 1.1.1 'cuz I can actually work 99.99% of the public applications. On the higher firmwares, it may be fast and less buggy, but there are less applications you can use on it. For example, the 1.1.4 firm, where there are still some problems on Summerboard & Customize (correct me if I'm wrong) and stuff like that.

Yeah, so I'd go with a lower firmware, but in the end, its all your choice. And if you really want to update, I'd wait till june and the official 2.0.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. nik442

nik442 New Member

but hows the beta for 2.0 right now? is it still really buggy and risky to put on your ipod, or what?
  4. apple123

apple123 New Member

I HIGHLY reccommend staying in 1.1.1. Do this so you don't lose all of your applications and have to go through the painful process of re-installing all your apps, music, videos, etc. 1.1.2 is okay also, but 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 both put my iPod into Recovery Mode by itself. So I repeat, DO NOT upgrade or re-jailbreak any firmware. Stay in 1.1.1.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. veryniceipod

veryniceipod Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Definitely do not go to 2.0; way too many apps and about 2% (not even) application compatibility.