Jailbreak = R.I.P. iPod Touch???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by keepup, Mar 3, 2008.

1. keepup

keepup New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well a couple of days ago I jailbroke my iPod Touch. Besides losing all my music (in the process downgrading from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1) nothing really much happened. Then I started to add more sources and more and more. Then it happened. My iPod became slow and responding.

Is this normal to everyone else? Like for some reason what ever you touch on your iPod it takes a little bit longer to respond, then before jailbreaking it.

Also I know I really can't go back (unless I restore my iPod), but what other problems have other people had since jailbreaking your iPod. Like music won't play, this won't work, that is messed up or whatever.

I mean it's only been jailbroken for a few days, so I don't really know the long term effect, well is there any?
  2. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

It does tend to slow down, depending really on HOW many apps/sources you've added.

If you cant see any bugs now with the jailbreak, then it will be fine in the long run
  3. daisydukes45

daisydukes45 New Member

my ipod has been working on the same speed before and after i jailbreaked. Maybe you installed too many items but it sounds like you didn't. There is really no long term effect if something happens and you really have no where to go, the only solution is to restore but its your choice to stay original or re jailbreak and try again.
  4. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Obviously it will be slower. More things end up being open, more disk space is being used, just apps that are slow in general. Safari crashes sometimes. I mean, the list goes on. But having a non jailbroken ipod wouldn't be worth the $500 I paid for mine.

The benefits far outweigh the consequences in my opinion.
  5. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

Too right, i probably would of sold my Touch by now and got another ipod for a cheaper price if i was using it without jailbreak
  6. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

I haven't been jailbroken in a while. I go back and forth. I must say that either way I feel like its worth every penny of the $400 I paid. My whole life is on that think- schedule, pics, music, everything!

I did notice a bit of a slow down with my touch when JB'd, but it wasn't enough to bother me. When there's a "real" jailbreak for 1.1.4 I'll probably go back, but I just don't want to do the soft upgrade thing right now.
  7. lazyasada

lazyasada Banned

the same thing is happening to me to
  8. keepup

keepup New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The other thing is that for some reason my battery doesn't last as long as it would usually (before I jailbreaked it). Does anyone else feel/seem this way?
  9. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

That's exactly how I feel. Mine was JB but it felt slow at times. I restored it in ready for the SDK release.

For just the usual use of it, I definitely think it's worth $400. Now only if Apple release a remote for it.