Jailbreak questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Nolan182, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Nolan182

Nolan182 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey, I'm thinking about jailbreaking my iPod touch 3g with blackra1n, but first I have some questions

I know it's tethered so I'll have to connect it to my computer if the battery runs out or if I turn it off, but will I be able to charge the iPod in a car charger or iPod speakers if the battery wasn't already dead?

And is there any way to undo the jailbreak if I didn't want it on anymore? (if there isn't, I'll still jailbreak it anyway haha, just wondering)

anything else I should know?

Thanks
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Oh and I'm not exactly sure what firmware I'm runnin but before I jailbreak I'll download the latest from apple I guess.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok so I just read that you can't have 3.1.3 or whatever, but how do I check which one I have? I haven't connected my iPod to my computer in a few weeks, so hopefully I don't have 3.1.3 haha. Help? Sorry I'm a noob haha.
  2. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

To check current version of iPhone OS go to settings > general > about.

As for charging, it's OK to do so, whether there is 0% battery or 100%. Just don't turn it off (or you won't be able to reboot alone).

As for undoing the jailbreak, you can do so at anytime by restoring in iTunes. Just click the big "restore" button

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Nolan182

Nolan182 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    okay, awesome. i have 3.1.2. thanks!

I'm gonna try this now.