Jailbreak questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tanktan38, Jan 5, 2010.

1. tanktan38

tanktan38 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey guys! I have a couple questions about jailbreaking my 32gb:

1. When you put your iPod in standbuy, how much faster does it burn battery vs. When it is turned off? (because of blackra1n, you know.)

2. Do you think that when Greenpois0n (may) come(s) out and I have my iPod jailbroken with blackra1n, when I switch, will I lose any of the stuff on my iPod? (especially app saves)

Thanks!
  2. g0dless420

g0dless420 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1- there is almost no battery drain. I really can't go that long without using my iPod, but I would say in continual sleep you maybe lose 1% per month

2- noone knows...if ever. In order to switch you would need to restore and then jailbreak with the new method, so yes. hopefully someone else can clarify that answer for you better.
  3. tanktan38

tanktan38 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    only 1%? Wow, that's not what I was expecting! I think Im gonna jailbreak today! Still, #2 would be reassuring.

EDIT: wait, so if we had no reason to turn off our iPods, gp was out, and we would have to restart our games, do you really think re-jailbreaking would be worth it?
  4. g0dless420

g0dless420 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you plan on traveling away from your pc for an extended period (or you will not have access to friend's pc who will allow you to put blackrain on it), then most likely.

Or just buy a portable charger and never worry.
  5. tanktan38

tanktan38 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah okay thanks I think i will jailbreak when I can get on my computer thanks