Jailbreak questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nschu41, Nov 5, 2009.

1. nschu41

nschu41 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    When I get my ipod touch for christmas should i jailbreak with blackra1n i really want to but it will be my first touch and i dont wanna screw anything up or should i just use it normal till an untethered one comes out so i dont have to worry about it shutting off and stuff or will the untethered one be more complicated because blackra1n looks very simple and any news on when or if the untethered jailbreak will be released? thanks again for help guys sorry im kinda new at this.
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Please use punctuation. Not many people will read all that without it.

If you have absolutely no idea what you are doing with your iPod, then no. You shouldn't jailbreak until you are somewhat familiar with your device. Jailbreaking (if you are an idiot) can pose a huge potential danger. You could literally screw up your device (not permanently, since you can use DFU mode to get everything back to normal). However, give it some time.

Also, tell me what you want to jailbreak for.
  3. nschu41

nschu41 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sorry

Please Register or Log in to view images

Tried to go quick. I am not a complete idiot on it but i am just worried. I mainly want it for winterboard because the themes look really cool and just want to be able to make my ipod touch mine! Also the free apps but have not looked up how to do that yet.
  4. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ok, first a word of warning; if by 'free apps' you mean cracked apps, don't discuss it here, as the mods treat it as stealing, and you will be banned. Just a reminder.

Ok, so you seem to know what you want it for. Winterboard is probably the only worthwhile thing to jailbreak for at the moment (on the iPod touch), so I'd go ahead and say go for it. Especially since you know what you want. I'm guessing you can do some research? Look for a guide (there is one in these forums somewhere). That will keep you from screwing up.

AND... if all else fails, DFU!
  5. nschu41

nschu41 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    O thanks dude haha and ya I will once I get my ipod touch for christmas thanks alot for putting up with me.
  6. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ehhh... Trust me, you're not bad compared to some.

Not mentioning names...
  7. nschu41

nschu41 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Haha well I will take all the help I can get. I will coming back to this site once I get my ipod cant wait!! bye for now and thanks again!
  8. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Welcome!
  9. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    LOL, isn't that the truth. =P