Jailbreak Questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Waffle2jazz, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Waffle2jazz

Waffle2jazz Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ok,so i've already jailbroken my existing ipod 2g 3 times.I am not a newbie at jailbreaking though my friend wants me to jailbreak his ipod touch 1g.

Here are my questions:

1. What program should i use to jailbreak a first gen ipod touch?any links to download?

2.If i jailbreak my friends ipod touch 1g is there any way to do it without losing the existing stuff on it(music,apps,videos,etc.)

3.Will he still be able to use his computer for itunes or do i have to sync it to my computer then he loses his stuff?

4. Anything else i need to know about first generation jailbreaking?

Please answer as many as possible!!! thanks!
  2. agsgymboy

agsgymboy New Member

3. Waffle2jazz

Waffle2jazz Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yes i've heard of quickpwn and quite familiar with it(sort of). Will it work if i have itunes 8.2 though? i tried downgrading and doesn't work.Answer my other questions above too! need desperate help on all of them cause my friend wants all his stuff still on after the jailbreak.
  4. agsgymboy

agsgymboy New Member

ohhhhhh...... You will have to try to downgrade again, or wait for the iPhone Dev Team to update there tools (hopefully next week). Quickpwn also keeps ALL of the stuff on the iPod, so you won't lose anything. And #4: nope.
  5. Waffle2jazz

Waffle2jazz Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks man! what about question #3 though?
  6. NinjaBurrito

NinjaBurrito New Member

Protip- Use a computer without iTunes.

So the answer to #3 would be yes, when you sync it to your iTunes he loses everything. So make sure to use a computer WITHOUT iTunes installed.
  7. 1day

1day New Member

i need help how do you jailbreak an ipod/touch 1.1.1 if jailbreakme.com does not work anymore. i want to change my theme and add more icons... how do i do it help (desperate)
  8. schelithea

schelithea New Member

Need help

I need to know how I can disable my ipod touch 16gb it says ipod is disabled connect two itunes I did that and it says enter passcode I have the code but dont know how to put it in it not a ipod touch at this moment the screen or buttons dont allow me to do anything if someone can help please reply with links to what i need to download and steps for a dum person to understand lol thanks a bunch

Please Register or Log in to view images