Jailbreak Questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by swaj456, May 31, 2009.

1. swaj456

swaj456 New Member

Here's the Deal:
    I'm buying a iPod touch 2G this week, and I would like to know some things about 'Jailbreaking' it...(with 2.2.1)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Can I still put new music and videos on it? (with itunes, wmp, etc...)
    Can I still put new apps on it? (i know most new themes come with a pack of icons for apps, do I have to use them or can they be the orginals?)
    Finally, What kind of new stuff am I going to be able to use? (free games, new apps, etc...)

Thanks for the replys, I'm new to this having been a Zune fan for many years, only recently switching to an 5G iPod 80Gb.
  2. Ralzaider

Ralzaider New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1) Yes.
    2) Yes, the app icons that come with the themes only "skin" the default app icon, they aren't apps themselves. (If that's what you're asking =/)
    3) New apps, tweaks and themes for your iPod.

I posted a list of jailbroken-only apps to check out earlier today, lemme go get that for you. brb

Edit:

3. ThatWasOffTheHook

ThatWasOffTheHook New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    jailbreaking your ipod regardless of your generation still allows you to do everything that couldve been done had the ipod stayed in its original condition. The only thing you might lose is your warranty : /. But yes, you can add music with itunes, and yes you can use original icons or change them up however you see fit.

Some of the new things you can do is, yes, get free apps but that is not up for discussion here or anywhere else on this forum, you can theme your ipod, and you can change virtually every visual aspect of your ipod if you decide to jailbreak it. AND YOU CAN EVEN LISTEN TO MUSIC! -_-
  4. swaj456

swaj456 New Member

5. Ralzaider

Ralzaider New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you buy a 2G iPod touch, the 2.2.1 firmware should already be loaded on it.
  6. swaj456

swaj456 New Member

Sweet...thanks again.

That part about loosing my warrenty scares me...does is void the warenty you can buy at Best Buy? I've never seen anything saying it would...the only thing that gets close is the part about changing certain elements...I'm pretty sure thats hardware though.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Wow...forgot my grammar...it should say "that's"
  7. Splint333

Splint333 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It does officially void the warranty. Unofficially, nobody cares, but the warning is there.
  8. swaj456

swaj456 New Member

Then I'd better be careful with it...o great lol.

Thanks all for your replys.
  9. Splint333

Splint333 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ya, what I'm trying to say is; for most people the benefits of having a jailbroken iPod Touch outweighs the fact that your warranty is voided. You can reset the iPod to its original firmware if something happens to it, although it is controversial whether this is detectable or not.
  10. Ralzaider

Ralzaider New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you ever need to take your iPod to Apple, restore it to the default firmware, that way they can't tell if the warranty has been voided or not.