Jailbreak question

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Fiwi, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Fiwi

Fiwi New Member

I'm curious about something. Now that there's an update for the iPhone which when installed is leaving unlocked iPhones permanently inoperable, do we worry about the same thing happening to our Ipod Touches after they jailbreak it? I'm looking forward to adding apps to my Touch, but don't want to do it if Apple is going require an update that's going to render my unit unusable, kwim?

Bad Apple, Bad!

Please Register or Log in to view images

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7017660.stm
  2. Dman51

Dman51 New Member

No that wont happen with the iPoT. If you had apps on the iphone and did the update the only thing that happened was you lost the apps and it went back to the default settings. If you unlocked thats where it went wrong after the update. The iPoT isnt a phone therefore theres nothing to unlock so we should be fine with apps.
  3. iJuleguy

iJuleguy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I remember Apple said that 3rd party apps were a no-go for the iPhone for one reason: they don't want you to screw with AT&T's network.

And they don't want you do unlock it because: every website you go to on a locked AT&T phone puts money in Apple's pocket. And only AT&T pays them for that, not T-Mobile.

If I were Apple, I wouldn't bother releasing updates that break your iPod. They have nothing to loose if you hack your iPods. And iPod Touch sales go up.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yea i no thats stupid of them