jailbreak question

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jambo1uk, Dec 10, 2009.

1. jambo1uk

jambo1uk New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hello everyone i am new here so heres the question i have looked about on here and other places all i want to know is i have the ipod touch 32gb 3g 1.2 sw as far as i am aware at the moment if i jailbreak it i am stuck with teathered meaning i can unoplug it from the usb and put into sleep mode but not power off? and sometime after christmas we all hope geohot will get around to making an unteathered version? if thats right then i can get on with it if there is anything wrong with all that please pm me or reply and let me know thanks in advance and sorry for asking a question thats asked daily
  2. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok you have an iPod touch 3g. Geohots jailbreak is tethered which means you turn off your iPod completely you will need to plug it into the computer and run Blackra1n to boot it up normally. You can have your iPod unlugged from the computer as long as you dont turn it off, you wont be able to turn it on until you plug it into the computer and run Blackra1n.
  3. idelgado

idelgado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have a quick question. I used blackra1n to jailbreak my 32gb touch, but now there is an update in itunes. What happens if I update my itunes? Will it mess up my jailbreak? And will I be able to rejailbreak using blackra1n once I update if it reverses the it?

Thanks a million guys!
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

You can update your iTunes. It won't affect your iPod.
  5. idelgado

idelgado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Woohoo!!! Thanks a million chris! Esp for the fast reply. I am going to download update now!!
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member