Jailbreak question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HazardouzHeat, Jan 10, 2008.

1. HazardouzHeat

HazardouzHeat New Member

kinda of a dumb question but i have a 16gb ipod touch with the 1.1.2 firmware. Im thinking about jailbreaking it for the first time. I want to know if its possible to jailbreak with all my music and videos on there? and if so how
  2. TouchyLeland

TouchyLeland New Member

Dont worry about it

The Jailbreaking process doesnt actually erase your files, for the most part. When you downgrade to 1.1.1 firmware, the system should not be effected at all. The same goes when you upgrade the firmware to 1.1.2. That being said, I did run into a situation where upgrading from a downloaded 1.1.2 firmware package reset the ipod to it's original settings, though the jailbreak was still intact. This was probably my fault.

The poin though is this: assuming you're doing the jailbreaking on your own computer, itunes will always just resync what you've already got on your ipt regardless. So don't worry about it, honestly.
  3. deveelx

deveelx New Member

Yup. Your music, movies, photos, etc would still exist even if you jailbreak it unless you force restore your iPod during the jailbreak process. But force restoring isn't necessary as long as you follow the jailbreak instructions correctly.
    I repeat, none of your data will get erased after or during jailbreak.
  4. HazardouzHeat

HazardouzHeat New Member

aw ok. because i dont have my ipod on sync i just click and drag my songs