JailBreak probs, Cant enter DFU Mode to Restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Captain*, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ok, installed redsn0w ok, no probs was using cydia fine, as if i were using my bros ipod touch 1g jb, however i decided to install sbsettings and it was fine until at one point when restarting springboard the ipod froze, so I had to force reboot and lost use of my ipod for the day

Please Register or Log in to view images

got home, decided to re jailbreak, did fine, got to itunes (apple boot logo stage) and it hung with the springboard reboot icon (when shutting off ipod the swirling lines) which overlayed the apple logo, when connecting the ipod the sound that is made (ding noise) was played every 10-15 odd seconds and it got no further than thats, in my itunes a "ipod" and "curt guvens ipod" was shown in devices, i ejected ipod and tried to restore the other 1 (shift restore 2 2.2.1 (official)) however i got a 1602 error :O

decided to remove jb as its causing me hassle and i cba ill wait, so i try and enter dfu mode (at this point ipod has been forced off and the screen is blank) and it just wont go, ive tried so many times and it just wont, as soon as im in dfu im good so help is 100% appriciated!!!

libUSB displays a USB storage device under where the ipod would be, i cant enter DFU and the ipod is not in device manager, im gonna try the re jailbreak and see if it finds it....then restore, im not keeping the jb any longer however wonderful terminal and dtunes my be xD
  2. StaticFX

StaticFX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    plug it into the pc, start itunes

press and hold both buttons till it dings, then let go of power (keep home pressed) till it dings again. itunes will tell you there is an error. click ok.

you are now in DFU
  3. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    i know HOW to get into DFU but the ipod is unresponsive, it WILL NOT enter dfu mode, their are no sounds at all, how would i jb without knowing it :| ty anywho
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    omg MIRICLE, i managed to do some device manager magic and pull the ipods drivers up, delte them and then it came up as malfunctioned, however stuck on white screen, still not thier yet, jb me thinks and remove sb
  4. espeorb

espeorb New Member

Ok, double click your click on you PC screen. Somewhere on whatever comes up it should show the second passing. Hold down home and power on your ipod touch for exactly 10 seconds by the PC clock's time, then once the the 10th second has passed release the power button but keep holding the home button for 8 more seconds then release the home button. Wait, then iTunes should pop up saying it's in recovery mode. If you do it exactly like this, it WILL work. Mine didn't pop up with a sound either.

Edit: Nevermind. But now you can go from the step where it tells you to get a white screen on it.
  5. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    right, white screen jb did not work, got a memory id not vaild effor on last dfu upld so had to resotre to 2.2, 2.2.1 was being v.stubborn, im going away for the week so i will re jb then, but for now its working and thats all i care about, i gots music!!

ty for all help

------------------double post merged------------------
    ok worse problem has happend now, the sbsettings has been retaind after FULL resotre, i have a numbered battery and photo's and calcualtor are missing (hidden before by accident) im gonna restore again but i have a very bad feeling about this...

edit: fixed, jb fully removed, ill wait to untethered, or buy an iphone

6. hyperipod

hyperipod New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What is it you did: "device manager magic"?
    Cuz someday I wanted to reboot my jailbroken iPod (32gb 3rd gen) and I got the restore screen for 10 seconds, then it got black and it didn't respond to anything and I tried DFU mode 15-20 times !!