Jailbreak problems on 4.1/2GMB?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Hackey_Sack, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    About a week ago I finally convinced my dad to jailbreak, but today he came up to me and said "I don't think I want to be jailbroken anymore."

Well, I convinced him to let me ask the internet, as I'm stumped. He's on 4.1 with a 2G MC model, and jailbroke with redsn0w. He hasn't installed anything from Cydia, but he did enable multitasking and wallpapers from redsn0w. He's pretty good about closing apps, but I never did delete the wallpaper shadows. That's the only thing I can think of that I should have done, but it wouldn't be causing all this, would it?

Help is greatly appreciated.
  2. Bigray14719

Bigray14719 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    To unjailbreak: DFU Restore

redsnow has been iffy with things like that.

Greenpoison is much more reliable.

There is a tutorial in my sig. Trust me the greenpoison jailbrak is completely flawless.
  3. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I know how to unjailbreak, but I'm trying to convince him not to. xDD

I'll probably jail it and rejailbreak with greenpois0n when he's asleep or something. Thanks for the help.
  4. JoshH100

JoshH100 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yes delete the app shadows and if that doesn't work then disable wallpapers. If you feel up to it, you can delete some of the launch daemons, this will make it faster. I have a 2g non mc and have home wallpaper,multitasking and a crap of stuff from cydia. but i have removed launch daemons and language packs and that has made it not quite as slow.