Jailbreak problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Slacker, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Slacker

Slacker New Member

-Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the jailbreak section, don't bite my head off if I made the wrong decision-

Okay, my friend attempted to jailbreak his touch using ipodtouchmasters YouTube guide (The original long version), he got to the step where you have to open putty and hit enter. However, putty never asked him to enter his IP or anything, it just said it had finished. He assumed it might have automatically done the new automatic version and thought the jalbreak had completed. He checked his iPod and it did in fact have installer on it.

He downloaded a couple of apps and everything seemed to be running fine but then suddenly it froze. He tried to reset it by holding home and off but it just got stuck on the apple logo on reboot.

So he connected to iTunes to try and reset his touch but iTunes didn't recognise the touch. He then returned his iPod and got a new one however he had the same problem, iTunes won't recognise his touch.

Anyone got any advice?
  2. Slacker

Slacker New Member

Got this fixed! He uninstalled both iTunes and MobileDevice then rebooted and re-installed iTunes and voila, it worked.