iOS 4.1 Jailbreak out but...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by iJailbreakk, Sep 22, 2010.

1. iJailbreakk

iJailbreakk Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Okay, so 4.1 jailbreak is out for some models, does this mean soon we will see a 4g jailbreak for 4.1? hope so... thoughts
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No it doesn't. ih8sn0w is not affiliated with anyone on either dev team directly. He's simply a guy who puts a gui to some dev team cross platform tools. This release has no bearing on whether or not SHAtter is ready to be released (which I really doubt it is)
  3. iJailbreakk

iJailbreakk Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    but do you think this guy will develope a 4g jb? thats what im asking, i know it has nothing to do with others..or it would be on the dev teams blog...
  4. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    He doesn't develop any jailbreaks, thats what I'm saying. He just puts a gui to tools that the dev team have made which do jailbreak devices.
  5. iJailbreakk

iJailbreakk Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ah... but then...how did he do 4.1 for older devices..im so confuseddd
  6. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
  7. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Pretty much all the devices sn0wbreeze works with are 'pwned4life', i.e. they can be jailbroken on any firmware. All you have to do is update a small part of the program and it will jailbreak the new firmware.

The newer devices it works with work in a different way, they simply preserve a jailbreak from one firmware to the next by not flashing the part of the firmware that would get rid of the jailbreak. Its pretty much all dev team work that he handily packaged up for windows. Think of it as a windows port of pwnage tool with some added features.
  8. iJailbreakk

iJailbreakk Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    i read it, i know whats compatible...i told my friend shes jailbreaking for the first time everrr
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    oooooh okay thanks for clearing that up lol ahhhh now i want the dev team to finish with the new 4g jb!! i got all excited until i scrolled down to the compatability part...then i cryed...not really but i was sad
  9. Ipods4life

Ipods4life Banned

I cried too (on the inside that is) when I first heard they were working on older bootroms instead of the newer latest tech ones.
  10. iJailbreakk

iJailbreakk Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    i know T_T my friends who have 2gs are jailbreaking, and my one is gunna rub it in my face cuz, hes a jerk like that, but thats how our friendship is haha it doesnt bug me