JailBreak OS 3.0 - SBSettings Installation?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by koeninator, Jun 21, 2009.

1. koeninator

koeninator New Member

Hey peoples, just finished jailbreaking my iPod Touch 2G, happy with it, now that I have my Cydia, I wanted to install my SBSettings (winterboard followed), but the "Reload SpringBoard" after installing it had this spinning wheel for about 30 mins now, still no changes. I saw people rebooted their device, how am I supposed to do that? Holding the power button won't pop-up the slide to power off menu, and I think DFU moding it wouln't be the smartest thing to do.

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance,

Koen.
  2. Kayzo

Kayzo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    If you hold both buttons long enough it'll force shut down.
  3. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yea holding both buttons for about 10 seconds usually does the trick.
  4. koeninator

koeninator New Member

didn't work, thanks though, could it also be like, I restore my ipod with the 3.0 firmware, then install SBsettings, and THEN jailbreak/add cydia on it? Would that have any effect?
  5. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

just try to hold the 2 buttons together until the closes again, first mobilesubstrate install always needs a reboot so restore wont really work
  6. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    that won't work. u need cydia to install SBsettings. u can't put it on there first. just keep holding the home and power buttons down until it shuts off. then turn it on with the power button. trust me.. it will work. i had this exact issue. and mobile substrate is the culprit in this problem. 3.0 has a problem with it for some reason..