jailbreak or not to jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattatnoosa, Aug 13, 2008.

1. mattatnoosa

mattatnoosa New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, i had an ipod touch jailbroken but now i have an iphone and im araid if i jailbreak it so many more things can go wrong with it, so im wondering what are the best things about having a jailbroken iphone 3g and can you do it running 2.0.1?
  2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes you can jailbreak your iPhone 3G on 2.0.1. Nothing can really go wrong with it, as the dev-team always makes sure their releases are safe.
  3. Jesus69

Jesus69 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yes you can do it running 2.0.1 the jailbreak isnt too beneficial at this point in my mind... if you're scared right now i wouldnt jailbreak it...
  4. that one dude

that one dude New Member

I'm also wondering about this, Is it possible to get all of the things you can get from jailbreaking it without doing so? such as the game emulators? Also, if it got skrewed up, how could it be fixed, is it possible to restore like an ipod touch?

Sorry, I'm still trying to decide whether or not to get the iphone and switch to AT&T, or just get an itouch
  5. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

you have to jaolbreak to get emulators, but, a lot of why people jailbroke in the first place was for apps and, of course, you can get those now on stock firmware. My 3G seems to really not like jailbreaking, because it keeps commiting suicide every time i try to install something from cydia, leading me to about 15 restores. So, to answer your last question, it is very easy to restore if things get effed up.
  6. mlbplayer456_is_back

mlbplayer456_is_back New Member

7. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I have a JailBroken iPhone 3G, and I have the best of both worlds, great app store games, and great Installer/Cydia apps (which enhance funcionality), besides, my iPhone looks better than a non jailbroken iPhone because I've skinned every icon, the dock, wallpaper, and a lot of things

Please Register or Log in to view images

You won't regret.
  8. tipii

tipii New Member

Jailbreak