Jailbreak or no?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by pyroxp7, Sep 22, 2008.

1. pyroxp7

pyroxp7 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I've had an iPod Touch 1G for about 4 months now. I am currently at firmware 2.1 and am not sure whether to jailbreak or not. I was wondering if I should or not, but am afraid to jailbreak and lose my warranty, because if you've seen before, I posted on the forums asking about my iPod Touch which had gotten screwed up un-jailbroken. Now, I'm not sure whether to jailbreak or not.

Can anyone please convince me to jailbreak? Or not? Because I really want to get new apps from Cydia and Installer, rather than buying them from iTunes. But I'm also afraid of screwing up my iPod Touch and not being able to return/replace if if my iPod Touch gets screwed up again.
  2. jakenjack2002

jakenjack2002 New Member

idk if i should upgrade to 2.1 from 1.1.4 (jailbroken) & if i do upgrade to 2.1 should i jailbreak it again or keep it unjailbroken...
  3. cainy

cainy New Member

2.1 JB has more support than 1.1.4 JB, and as for loosing your warranty apple cant tell whats on the ipod if you restore it
  4. jakenjack2002

jakenjack2002 New Member

whats better apple store or installer on 1.1.4
  5. cainy

cainy New Member

cydia on 2.1 lol, installers been out since 1.1.4 really, apps store is great, but cydia has everything you need, get the best of both worlds with my 2.1 JB

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. jakenjack2002

jakenjack2002 New Member

i sound like an idiot but what is cydia?? haha
  7. cainy

cainy New Member

its like installer, but at the minute it has more support and more repos, was made by saurik, he also made winterboard (SMB replacement) and a tonne of other apps, installer is avalible on 2.1 but from what i remember its still a beta, and its not that stable, most guys now are developing for 2.x anyway so its better to keep upto date really, only thing is legally you have to pay for the 2.x firmware, but there are places where you can get it whithout doing so, i cant go into that though as its against the rules
  8. jakenjack2002

jakenjack2002 New Member

so should i JB 2.1 not JB 2.1 or keep 1.1.4
  9. cainy

cainy New Member

id say upgrade to 2.1, its easy enough to find the frimware

...if you dont mind paying its only $10 though, only thing is you will loose what you have installed on your ipod now so if you have some time to kill getting it all right the go 4 it

10. jakenjack2002

jakenjack2002 New Member

i know i have like 7 pages of apps hahahaha & jw can i add a thing like customize on 2.1?