JailBreak on Ipod touch 3G 8GB

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by magaman807, Feb 24, 2010.

1. magaman807

magaman807 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i got an ipod touch 3rd gen with 8gb and i updateed my firmware to the lastest one which is currently out now. I was wondering could i jailbreak this ipod and also like shut it down and not having it to tell me connecting to the itunes store.? And if i do jailbreak it will my prevouis apps be erased
  2. Mooner93

Mooner93 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Alright so my guess is that you updated to 3.1.3 and i dont know if the jailbreak works on that firmware yet. If it did you have to use the latest redsn0w to do so and to answer your second question, No. there is not a unteatherd jailbreak for the ipt 3g you would have to rerun the jailbreak everytime you shut it down. Its a little annoying, but they dont want to release the unteatherd jailbreak till a newer update to keep the exploit hidden. its for the best if you ask me

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Downgrade your 8gb to 3.1.2 on a 2gen firmware. Then jailbreak with Redsnow or blackrain. Both are tethered so you'll need to re-run the program.
  4. magaman807

magaman807 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So i have a 3.1.3 right (3rd Gen 8GB) know which i do i should restore it, and would it erase all my apps i had before the jailbreak? If I use redsnow u know a link or something so I could do this.

Thanks for helping me.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I forgot to tell you guys that when i first got my ipod it had an firmware of 3.1.2 and i updated it to 3.1.3. Also my iPod touch serial number starts with MC