Jailbreak on 2.0 and backup/restore!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by discjockct, Jul 10, 2008.

1. discjockct

discjockct New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I am running a jail broken 1.1.4 ipod touch with zipphone. I want to upgrade to firmware 2.0 and then jailbreak on 2.0. Is that possible? If yes, can I copy files from my ipod (app, themes, games, I have installed, etc..) via SSH to my computer and back to my ipod touch after the 2.0 is jail broken? If I put them in the right place, would that bring back my themes automatically? If yes, then which folders should I back up? The whole applications folder? The whole "mobile" folder? Please respond with instructions on what to do or a link to another post already explaining hoe to back up!!!
  2. Wiiownzzz

Wiiownzzz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    NO jailbreak for 2.0 has been confirmed yet.
  3. SHININGSTEEL

SHININGSTEEL Banned

Maybe in a month.
  4. The_Judas_Priest

The_Judas_Priest New Member

Roffle Waffles Lets Maek Soem Unfounded Claimz
  5. Nawaaz91

Nawaaz91 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    uhhhhh.......you can copy all your stuff via SSH..and thats it

no jailbreak

and besides, I'd probably just get 2.0 (or wait for a miracle or sumtin if i has no ca$h) and wait for apps to get ported...stuff like SMB Prefs is out already.....
  6. discjockct

discjockct New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Maybe there will be an app on installer to get the app store, like you could do with the january software updates, if you are on firmware other then 1.1.4. What do you guys think of that?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    So I can move my current SMB theme to the 2.0 firmware when I download SMB Prefs from app store and it would work, if I put it in the right folder? Also, what should I backup to my PC incase I can upgrade 2.0 jailbreak or if I dedcide the app store is not worth it and downgrade to 1.1.4 and jailbreak again?