jailbreak my ipod touch 2.1.1.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by smith7391, Oct 6, 2008.

1. smith7391

smith7391 New Member

I just got my ipod touch today and it came with 2.1.1. and as far as i know, there is no way to break that which doesn't make me too happy.
    Is there any alternatives to jail break it or download 2.1 and jailbreak that?

I assume i'm just screwed but i need some sort of hope.

Is there any hope that there will be a tutorial on how to jailbreak my ipod in the near future?
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

If it's the one with the volume control on the outside, it's the Touch 2G which is currently unjailbreakable. As was announced on the front page of this site, along with many other sites. You cannot downgrade the Touch 2G to 2.1 as it is a HARDWARE change which makes it unjailbreakable.

Beyond that, wait. Wait and read the Touch 2G forums daily. Look at blog.iphone-dev.org or other sites to see how far they've gotten in jailbreaking.

PS: Read the forum, or at least the first two pages of the forum, before posting. Just a suggestion, so you don't get flamed by people tired of seeing the same question 50 times a day... especially as there is at least one other thread talking about this on the first page of the iPod Touch General Chat forum. And the iPod Touch 2G forum. Note that this is the 2.1 forum ONLY. As in 'Firmware 2.1 for 1st Gen iPod Touch'.
  3. SteezyG

SteezyG New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    do you not know how to f***ing read?
  4. itouchnathan

itouchnathan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)

lollllllllllll
  5. smith7391

smith7391 New Member

yes i can read by the way. I suppose i wasn't searching for the right thing when i was looking for the answer to my own question. I wasn't sure where to post and i thought this was the closest forum for it.

And what you're saying is that more than likely they will EVENTUALLY come out with a jailbreak method for it, correct?

And thank you Jarlath
  6. Jarlath

There are people trying to JB 2.1.1 on the Touch 2G. So far, nobody's succeeded, and they're looking at hardware exploits, which means that there aren't currently any easy software fixes, aka: pwnage. If they have to open up the iPod Touch 2G to jailbreak it... we've got big problems, IMO.

I do suggest reading the Touch 2G forums for ANY questions with the Touch 2G, jailbreaking or not jailbreaking related. Because that's the big change there, and anything related to Touch 2G is going to be covered there.

Or, you could do a search for 'firmware 2.1.1' or 'jailbreak 2.1.1'
  7. ssavannajones

ssavannajones New Member

i have the 2G, so basically i just need to wait until the Dev team figures a solution out for jailbreaking the second generation

did apple change the hardware due to jailbreaking?
  8. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

No, it most likely needed a new processor for the volume controls and the speaker.
  9. Jarlath

No, they probably just used a new processor to foil jailbreaking - remembering that they use the same processor on the iPhone 1G as the iPod Touch 1G does, and apparently the same one on the iPhone 3G too. If they needed a new processor for volume controls and speakers (which both iPhones have), then we wouldn't be jailbreaking those either.
  10. smith7391

smith7391 New Member

i'm just waiting to hear "OMG!!!!111!!1 THEY BROKES THE IPOD TOUCH 2.1.1.!"
    Then i'm going to do one of these -->

Please Register or Log in to view images