jailbreak merged with official firmware?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by rrm74001, Jan 24, 2008.

1. rrm74001

rrm74001 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    does this 1.1.3 jailbreak use files from the official apple 1.1.3 firmware, or does of just "fake" being 1.1.3? Did they just port over all the apps and features and inject them into 1.1.2? If so, I am just going to stick with my 1.1.2 for now. Also, has it been confirmed that 1.1.3 iPhone apps will work on a jailbroken 1.1.3 ipodtouch? I do not want to do that exploit where you literally turn your ipod touch into an iPhone to get the apps.

And will the 1.1.3 apps work on a 1.1.2?
  2. zerod07

zerod07 New Member

1. you are dumb
    2. the jailbreak uses decrypted iphone 1.1.3 firmware which is why it works on our ipod touches
    3. you will get nothing new by sticking with 1.1.2, i believe the 1.1.3 apps will never be backported to 1.1.2
  3. rrm74001

rrm74001 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    1. How do you define "dumb"? Knowing less than you? My questions were perfectly legitimate. You have no reason to insult me.

2. The fact that the jailbreak uses a decrypted 1.1.3 IPHONE firmware is exactly the reason I am not jailbreaking to 1.1.3 yet. I do not want to put another devices firmware on my iPod Touch, no matter how similar they are.

3. If you have noticed, many people are NOT upgrading, because people are complaining it is such a sloppy jailbreak, among other problems. Plus, this jailbreak was not done by the iPhone Dev Team, which is probably why it is so sloppy.

Just realize that you did not HAVE to reply to this thread. So if you plan on replying negatively toward another board member, do not post at all.

P.S. I am not dumb.
  4. kappatango

kappatango New Member

He seems to be insulting alot of people today.....

Anyway, in answer to your question....

This method uses the 1.1.3 IPHONE firmware to upgrade. Thats why I have avoided so far. Your iPod will think its an iPhone ....

The dev team have hinted at an official iPod Touch release in the next couple days.